Definition of thrive:
- To increase in bulk or stature; to grow vigorously or luxuriantly, as a plant; to flourish; as, young cattle thrive in rich pastures; trees thrive in a good soil.
- To prosper by industry, economy, and good management of property; to increase in goods and estate; as, a farmer thrives by good husbandry.
- To prosper in any business; to have increase or success.
lucubrate, elaborate, win out, din, wax, fail, enlarge, prevail, flesh out, expand, be/get there, score, spread out, wave, Fligh High, make it, grow, shoot up, smash, blow up, wither, shine, arrive, fly high, extend, mushroom, blossom, brandish, advance, dilate, rise, make progress, achieve, radiate, boom, burgeon, thunder, bloom, win, prosper, batten, be a roaring success, increase, amplify, inflate, exposit, expatiate, flourish, expound, get ahead, boom out, blast, nail, go, attain, die.
- "The Pearl of India", Maturin M. Ballou.
- "The Complete Essays of C. D. Warner", Charles Dudley Warner.
- "Malcolm", George MacDonald.