Definition of ready:
- A number of things of the same kind, ordinarily used or classed together; a collection of articles which naturally complement each other, and usually go together; an assortment; a suit; as, a set of chairs, of china, of surgical or mathematical instruments, of books, etc.
- A word of command, or a position, in the manual of arms, at which the piece is cocked and held in position to execute promptly the next command, which is, aim.
- Fitted or arranged for immediate use; causing no delay for lack of being prepared or furnished.
- In a state of preparation for immediate action; so as to need no delay.
- money; cash; - commonly with the; as, he was well supplied with the ready.
- Not slow or hesitating; quick in action or perception of any kind; dexterous; prompt; easy; expert; as, a ready apprehension; ready wit; a ready writer or workman.
- Offering itself at once; at hand; opportune; convenient; near; easy.
- On the point; about; on the brink; near; - with a following infinitive.
- Prepared for what one is about to do or experience; equipped or supplied with what is needed for some act or event; prepared for immediate movement or action; as, the troops are ready to march; ready for the journey.
- Prepared in mind or disposition; not reluctant; willing; free; inclined; disposed.
- To dispose in order.
punctual, localise, set, organise, fudge, ripe, desexualize, bustling, go, coiffe, do, piece, active, bushel, deposit, take a shit, install, ready and waiting, effectuate, effect, induce, stimulate, localize, define, straightaway, available, busy, ca-ca, touch on, found, wee, lively, arrive at, jell, realise, put together, produce, piss, instant, at the ready, gain, get up, assemble, crap, seduce, prepare, tack together, fix, speedy, at hand, constitute, lay out, swift, congeal, mend, fructify, pretend, train, sharp, fixate, quick, restore, unsex, dull, spry, set up, intelligent, erect, lay, mobile, defecate, hit, pee, take, prepared, create, put up, spend a penny, posit, take a leak, in order, pay back, raise, launch, puddle, tack, coif, hold, reach, educate, progress to, entrap, desex, secure, go under, realize, earn, sterilize, machinate, nominate, sic, shit, make water, fast, rig, situate, draw, fain, slow, minded, specify, adjust, make up, nimble, coiffure, together, attain, wangle, pay off, plant, organize, build, immediate, supple, piddle, clear, get, work, restless, take in, position, fake, poised, typeset, primed, ensnare, misrepresent, pose, sterilise, urinate, waiting, desexualise, place, officious, fasten, instal, cause, micturate, limit, throw, fleet, expeditious, put, score, doctor, vigorous, lay down, wide awake, take a crap, give, make, wee-wee, form, pass water, countersink, pull in, spontaneous, establish, put in, agile, name, bring in, industrious, get to, game, warm, go down, fit, manipulate, animated, prompt, correct, cook, brisk, determine, order, falsify, rear, sprightly, repair, groom, pitch, frame, stool, furbish up, energetic, mark, make believe, gear up, flying, pee-pee, have, relieve oneself.
- prepare (part of speech: verb)
- enthusiastic (part of speech: adjective)
- prepared (part of speech: adjective)
vigilant (part of speech: adjective)
- willing (part of speech: adjective)