Definition of regard:
- A look; aspect directed to another; view; gaze.
- Attention of the mind with a feeling of interest; observation; heed; notice.
- Consideration; thought; reflection; heed.
- Hence, to look or front toward; to face.
- Matter for consideration; account; condition.
- Object of sight; scene; view; aspect.
- Respect; relation; reference.
- State of being regarded, whether favorably or otherwise; estimation; repute; note; account.
- Supervision; inspection.
- That view of the mind which springs from perception of value, estimable qualities, or anything that excites admiration; respect; esteem; reverence; affection; as, to have a high regard for a person; - often in the plural.
- To consider and treat; to have a certain feeling toward; as, to regard one with favor or dislike.
- To have relation to, as bearing upon; to respect; to relate to; to touch; as, an argument does not regard the question; - often used impersonally; as, I agree with you as regards this or that.
- To keep in view; to behold; to look at; to view; to gaze upon.
- To look attentively; to consider; to notice.
- To look closely at; to observe attentively; to pay attention to; to notice or remark particularly.
- To look upon, as in a certain relation; to hold as an popinion; to consider; as, to regard abstinence from wine as a duty; to regard another as a friend or enemy.
- To pay respect to; to treat as something of peculiar value, sanctity, or the like; to care for; to esteem.
- To take into consideration; to take account of, as a fact or condition.
obedience, have a good/nice something, aspect, dress, date, control, peep, picture, mien, concerned, felicitations, debate, respect, presence, assure, ensure, adherence, bless you, examine, get well (soon), work out, recognition, consideration, ascertain, interpret, awareness, hear, take in, fixated, favor, observant, scrutinize, with regard to, take care, respectfulness, ask, impress, get word, gander, brownie points, count on, sentimentalize, compliments, postulate, conceive, insure, sham, attentive, outside, enjoy, attend, check on, catch, image, touch on, study, envision, encounter, come across, congratulations, survey, view, guess, heed, bear on, take, gaze, depend, imagine, gape, pick up, involve, touch, a pat on the back, greeting, believe, demand, think, understand, esteem, attention span, cypher, wishing, cipher, deem, run into, reference, weigh, feign, credit, project, may someone rest in peace, isolate, about, respects, gesundheit, wish, under someone's critical eye, look at, calculate, find out, want, require, concerning, figure, sympathy, discover, dissemble, learn, turn over, alert, go steady, see to it, garb, impact, interest, cast, account, associate, need, moot, deliberate, praise, hive off, see, value, affect, forecast, fancy, perspective, opine, muse, opinion, paying attention, reckon, get wind, realise, suppose, determine, attentiveness, regards, bear upon, bet, greetings, compartmentalize, inclination, meet, eye, attention, adhesion, visit, escort, commendations, a plague on someone, regarding, acclaim, experience, construe, move, count, union, check, go out, go through, call for, strike, indirect request, visualize, go by, compliment, run across, look around, appreciation, estimation, pretend, find, estimate, visualise, consider, focused, imply, compute, get a line, necessitate, deal, realize.
- affection (part of speech: noun)
- respect (part of speech: verb)
- see (part of speech: verb)
attention (part of speech: noun)
But as to my Lord Shaftesbury, I knew nothing: he was pretty silent always; and it was with regard to him most of all that we desired evidence.- "Oddsfish!", Robert Hugh Benson.
She had, he told himself, merely taken a passing interest in him, and once she met a man of her own station fortunate enough to gain her regard, was scarcely likely even to remember him.- "A Damaged Reputation", Harold Bindloss.
I have done what I have done without regard to my cousin's- to Sir Robert Vermuyden's feelings.- "Chippinge Borough", Stanley J. Weyman.