Definition of dissonance:
racquet, faction, divergence, variance, stochasticity, disaccord, interference, fraudulent scheme, difficulty, discrepancy, racket, disagreement, noise, disturbance, war, inharmony, confrontation, schism, dissension, illegitimate enterprise, haphazardness, dissentience, randomness.
conflict (part of speech: noun)
- discord (part of speech: noun)
- discordance (part of speech: noun)
- disagreement (part of speech: noun)
Their views of church government, and of ritual observances, were the chief points of dissonance; but in scattered settlements of recent formation these distinctions were rather matters of recollection than of practice.- "The History of Tasmania, Volume I (of 2)", John West.
- "Gaslight Sonatas", Fannie Hurst.
- "Natural Law in the Spiritual World", Henry Drummond.