Definition of gracious:
- Abounding in beauty, loveliness, or amiability; graceful; excellent.
- Abounding in grace or mercy; manifesting love,. or bestowing mercy; characterized by grace; beneficent; merciful; disposed to show kindness or favor; condescending; as, his most gracious majesty.
- Produced by divine grace; influenced or controlled by the divine influence; as, gracious affections.
beneficent, sacrosanct, decent, monastic, mellow, civilized, genteel, benevolent, benignant, polite, courtly, by gum, back-to-nature, sympathetic, hallowed, tender-hearted, squeamish, New Age, numinous, living, refined, overnice, austere, sweet, skillful, cripes, nice, sanctify, graceful, tender, clement, holy, pitying, as I live and breathe, stately, dainty, propitious, good-natured, courteous, human, kind, doggone, blessed, attitude, good-tempered, enclosed, well-disposed, prissy, merciful, holiness, gentle, gosh, kind-hearted, humane, condescending, urbane, benign, loving, bohemian, proper, sacred, forgiving, gee whiz, good, compassionate, correct, knightly, courtesy, golly, saintly, pleasant, glory (be), inactive, bless my soul/bless me/well I'm blessed, by God/gum/Jove etc., elegant, fast.
- courteous (part of speech: adjective)
- sociable (part of speech: adjective)
- generous (part of speech: adjective)
- "Aurora the Magnificent", Gertrude Hall.
- "The Napoleon of Notting Hill", Gilbert K. Chesterton.
- "The Four Feathers", A. E. W. Mason.