Definition of groan:
- A low, moaning sound; usually, a deep, mournful sound uttered in pain or great distress; sometimes, an expression of strong disapprobation; as, the remark was received with groans.
- To affect by groans.
- To give forth a low, moaning sound in breathing; to utter a groan, as in pain, in sorrow, or in derision; to moan.
- To strive after earnestly, as with groans.
- cry (part of speech: verb)
- voice (part of speech: verb)
- lament (part of speech: verb)
- "Stories and Pictures", Isaac Loeb Peretz.
- "Hidden Gold", Wilder Anthony.
- "Andreas Hofer", Lousia Muhlbach.