Definition of identity :
1. An identical equation.
2. The condition of being the same with something described or asserted, or of possessing a character claimed; as, to establish the identity of stolen goods.
3. The state or quality of being identical, or the same; sameness.
individuality, correspondence, nationality, identicalness, personality, selfsameness, status, identity element, individuation, identification, same, identity operator, personal identity, individualism, indistinguishability, be, parentage, selfhood, uniqueness, character
name (part of speech: noun)
unity (part of speech: noun)
embodiment, intactness, singleness, purity, union, element, completeness, homogeneity, simplicity, atom, solidarity, entirety, indivisibility, entireness, cohesion, integrity, congruence, sameness, holism, congruity, fundamentality, unity, coincidence, coherence, oneness
- There was no doubt as to her identity. - "At Sunwich Port, Complete", W.W. Jacobs.
- I am glad to hear you say that a man would be apt to decide in this manner; for it shows his identity with a monikin. - "The Monikins", J. Fenimore Cooper.
- Once again, mistaken identity was natural. - "The Door Through Space", Marion Zimmer Bradley.