Definition of parley:
- Mutual discourse or conversation; discussion; hence, an oral conference with an enemy, as with regard to a truce.
- To speak with another; to confer on some point of mutual concern; to discuss orally; hence, specifically, to confer orally with an enemy; to treat with him by words, as on an exchange of prisoners, an armistice, or terms of peace.
palaver, caucus, discourse, dialogue, audioconferencing, argy-bargy, symposium, give-and-take, roundtable, appointment, advise, conclave, colloquium, negociate, round-robin, panel, powwow, intercourse, collect, deliberation, briefing, deliberate, confab, communion, communication, words, audience, colloquy, confer, panel discussion, argumentation, counsel, AGM, assembly, annual meeting, rap session, back-and-forth.
- converse (part of speech: verb)
- conversation (part of speech: noun)
- mediate (part of speech: verb)
- mediation (part of speech: noun)
- meeting (part of speech: verb)