Definition of enemy:
hostile, love, confrontation, foe, inquisitor, criminal, revolutionary, ally, falsifier, betrayer, friend, foeman, murderer, opposition, oppositeness, spy, rebel, traitor, detractor, informer, terrorist, assassin, nemesis, resistance, confederate, supporter.
- combatant (part of speech: noun)
- opponent (part of speech: noun)
- enemy (part of speech: noun)
- "The Scottish Chiefs", Jane Porter.
- "Children of the Wild", Charles G. D. Roberts.
- "The Eustace Diamonds", Anthony Trollope.