Definition of pointed :
1. Characterized by sharpness, directness, or pithiness of expression; terse; epigrammatic; especially, directed to a particular person or thing.
2. of Point
3. Sharp; having a sharp point; as, a pointed rock.
needlelike, remarkable, see, acuminate, peaked, aciculate, acuate, apiculate, prominent, cuspidated, signal, swordlike, direct, arresting, tapered, needle-shaped, trenchant, observable, sagittate, acerose, eye-catching, spikelike, pyramidic, salient, pronounced, acanthoid, bladelike, sagittiform, cuspate, cuspated, spindle-shaped, cigar-shaped, aciculated, nibbed, acicular, spearhead-shaped, barrelled, mucronate, acerate, conspicuous, acanthous, tapering, outstanding, tart, sword-shaped, fusiform, lancelike, barreled, striking, tiptoe, noticeable, bold, lanceolate, ensiform, pyramidical, pyramidal, arrow-shaped, cuspidate, caustic, sharpened, hastate
perforated (part of speech: verb)
relevant (part of speech: adjective)
sharp (part of speech: adjective)
witty (part of speech: adjective)
foxy, deft, comical, smart, cunning, inventive, canny, intelligent, resourceful, scintillating, quick-witted, sophisticated, funny, wily, ingenious, jocular, brilliant, astute, droll, shrewd, sly, dry, sarcastic, waggish, joking, witty, sparkling, subtle, tricky, crafty, pithy, urbane, scurrilous, quick, artful, clever, facetious, adroit
indicated (part of speech: verb)
cued, marked, labeled, nodded, guided, signaled, gesticulated, noted, motioned, pointed out, symbolized, flagged, waved, shrugged, alerted, nudged, denoted, winked, prompted, designated, branded, beckoned, stamped, tagged, notified, ticketed, gestured, betokened, indicated
- I trust, therefore, that you will not object to my following the course which my most excellent father pointed out to me." - "The Vicar of Wrexhill", Mrs [Frances] Trollope.
- He pointed to the woman. - "Men Called Him Master", Elwyn Allen Smith.
- " Get onto them little steps goin' down into the water, jus' like I tole you," Gizzard pointed out. - "Sube Cane", Edward Bellamy Partridge.