Definition of rightful:
- Belonging, held, or possessed by right, or by just claim; as, a rightful inheritance; rightful authority.
- Consonant to justice; just; as, a rightful cause.
- Having the right or just claim according to established laws; being or holding by right; as, the rightful heir to a throne or an estate; a rightful king.
- Righteous; upright; just; good; - said of persons.
This neighborly proximity has its social tendencies, which may account in part for the hospitable amenities which are a rightful part of Massachusetts' well known loyalty to a higher regard for the purest type of home, a comparative statement of the density of population of a few states.
- "The Last Hope", Henry Seton Merriman.
- "Specimens with Memoirs of the Less-known British Poets, Vol. 3", George Gilfillan.