Definition of sanctify:
- To impart or impute sacredness, venerableness, inviolability, title to reverence and respect, or the like, to; to secure from violation; to give sanction to.
- To make efficient as the means of holiness; to render productive of holiness or piety.
- To make free from sin; to cleanse from moral corruption and pollution; to purify.
- To make sacred or holy; to set apart to a holy or religious use; to consecrate by appropriate rites; to hallow.
ordain, cat, give, order, honk, hallow, vow, cast, glorify, consecrate, make pure, worship, purge, vomit, retch, chuck, spue, purify, religion, barf, devote, scour, ordinate, upchuck, sublimate, puke, regurgitate, commit, sign, distill, disgorge, sick, bless, vomit up, spew, be sick, regorge, throw up, flush.
- "Eugenics and Other Evils", G. K. Chesterton.
- "Love's Final Victory", Horatio.
- "The Gospel According to St. Mark", G. A. Chadwick.