Definition of sash:
- A scarf or band worn about the waist, over the shoulder, or otherwise; a belt; a girdle, - worn by women and children as an ornament; also worn as a badge of distinction by military officers, members of societies, etc.
- In a sawmill, the rectangular frame in which the saw is strained and by which it is carried up and down with a reciprocating motion; - also called gate.
- The framing in which the panes of glass are set in a glazed window or door, including the narrow bars between the panes.
- To adorn with a sash or scarf.
- To furnish with a sash or sashes; as, to sash a door or a window.
- "A Letter of Credit", Susan Warner.
- "Peggy-Alone", Mary Agnes Byrne.
- "The Million-Dollar Suitcase", Alice MacGowan Perry Newberry.