Definition of wahoo :
1. A certain shrub ( Evonymus atropurpureus) having purple capsules which in dehiscence expose the scarlet- ariled seeds; - called also burning bush.
2. A dark blue scombroid food fish ( Acanthocibium solandri petus) of Florida and the West Indies.
3. Any of various American trees or shrubs;
5. Cascara buckthorn.
hallelujah, burning bush, fire-bush, huzzah, hot dog, yippee, ha, fraxinella, yahoo, belvedere, whee, strawberry shrub, sweet shrub, dittany, strawberry bush, Euonymus Americanus, whoopee, Euonymus atropurpureus, summer cypress, glory, gas plant, Acanthocybium Solandri, hey
- His client happened to be the Wahoo Fuel Company, which was being assailed by the surviving relatives of something like one hundred dead men. - "In the Heart of a Fool", William Allen White.
- So the whole history of the Wahoo Valley was written in the lines of his broken face. - "In the Heart of a Fool", William Allen White.
- Now Grant Adams in the great strike in the Wahoo Valley was making the world- old mistake. - "In the Heart of a Fool", William Allen White.