Definition of bush:
- A lining for a hole to make it smaller; a thimble or ring of metal or wood inserted in a plate or other part of machinery to receive the wear of a pivot or arbor.
- A piece of copper, screwed into a gun, through which the venthole is bored.
- A shrub cut off, or a shrublike branch of a tree; as, bushes to support pea vines.
- A shrub or branch, properly, a branch of ivy ( as sacred to Bacchus), hung out at vintners' doors, or as a tavern sign; hence, a tavern sign, and symbolically, the tavern itself.
- A shrub; esp., a shrub with branches rising from or near the root; a thick shrub or a cluster of shrubs.
- A thicket, or place abounding in trees or shrubs; a wild forest.
- The tail or brush of a fox.
- To branch thickly in the manner of a bush.
- To furnish with a bush, or lining; as, to bush a pivot hole.
- To set bushes for; to support with bushes; as, to bush peas.
- To use a bush harrow on ( land), for covering seeds sown; to harrow with a bush; as, to bush a piece of land; to bush seeds into the ground.
President Bush, plant, George Bush, speak evasively, George W. Bush, Vannevar Bush, scrubbing, thicket, Dubyuh, wildness, bush-league, shrub, chaparral, crotch hair, wild, avoid the issue, pubic hair, wilderness, hedge, country, scrub, forest, bramble, scouring, George Walker Bush, George Herbert Walker Bush, avoid the subject, be deceptive, backwoods, shrubbery, evade.
- "The White Gauntlet", Mayne Reid.
- "Ayala's Angel", Anthony Trollope.
- "The Orpheus C. Kerr Papers. Series 1", Robert H. Newell.