Definition of wreath:
- A garland; a chaplet, esp. one given to a victor.
- An appendage to the shield, placed above it, and supporting the crest ( see Illust. of Crest). It generally represents a twist of two cords of silk, one tinctured like the principal metal, the other like the principal color in the arms.
- Something twisted, intertwined, or curled; as, a wreath of smoke; a wreath of flowers.
- "The Orchard of Tears", Sax Rohmer.
- "Hills and the Sea", H. Belloc.
- "Famous Stories Every Child Should Know", Various.