Definition of assignation :
1. A making over by transfer of title; assignment.
2. An appointment of time and place for meeting or interview; - used chiefly of love interviews, and now commonly in a bad sense.
3. The act of assigning or allotting; apportionment.
- Tell her the truth, that I found Wade here in this room with Dorothy Purnell, at night; that they came here for an assignation, because it was the one place in Crawling Water.... - "Hidden Gold", Wilder Anthony.
- So do I; but I have an assignation for this evening. - "San-Cravate; or, The Messengers; Little Streams", Charles Paul de Kock.
- Will it be believed that he experienced an actual pang, to think she should have some assignation, some secret of which his lordship must be kept in ignorance- that he should have felt more jealous of this unknown, this possible rival, than of her lawful husband now sitting by his side! - "M. or N. "Similia similibus curantur."", G.J. Whyte-Melville.