Definition of audience :
1. Admittance to a hearing; a formal interview, esp. with a sovereign or the head of a government, for conference or the transaction of business.
2. An auditory; an assembly of hearers. Also applied by authors to their readers.
3. The act of hearing; attention to sounds.
reference, earshot, public, following, attendance, auditory modality, consultation, audition, listening, sense of hearing, conversation, interview, hearing, auditory sense, like, house, conference, earreach
spectator (part of speech: noun)
- " My friends," I assured him, " and we come to beg the Old One for an audience. - "The Planet Savers", Marion Zimmer Bradley.
- Then three members of the audience are invited to write each a number composed of three figures, and these three numbers are added by a fourth spectator. - "A Book About the Theater", Brander Matthews.
- The former speaker gave a glance up to see if her audience was safe, and then replied as coolly as before. - "Daisy", Elizabeth Wetherell.