Definition of banquet :
1. A dessert; a course of sweetmeats; a sweetmeat or sweetmeats.
2. A feast; a sumptuous entertainment of eating and drinking; often, a complimentary or ceremonious feast, followed by speeches.
3. To partake of a dessert after a feast.
4. To regale one's self with good eating and drinking; to feast.
5. To treat with a banquet or sumptuous entertainment of food; to feast.
gap, bedcover, bedspread, bed cover, cattle farm, regale, fete, festivity, facing pages, fiesta, junket, paste, spreadhead, scatter, afterparty, cattle ranch, block party, spreading, bash, all-nighter, ranch, bachelorette party, spread head, bachelor party, counterpane, baby shower, junketeer, bed covering, blowout, B and S
meal (part of speech: noun)
breakfast, consumption, meat, eating, drink, feast, board, food, foodstuff, picnic, taste, grub, dinner, nutriment, ingestion, fare, spread, cuisine, lunch, morsel, repast, snack, sustenance, meal, barbecue, feed, bread
- He scarcely tasted the banquet, but seemed absorbed in admiration of his bride. - "Humorous Ghost Stories", Dorothy Scarborough.
- The day before his departure he gave a great banquet, and invited every one, including even slight acquaintances. - "Timar's Two Worlds", MÃ³r JÃ³kai.
- He offered to send for the documents, and to show them during or after the banquet. - "Jimgrim and Allah's Peace", Talbot Mundy.