Definition of banquet:
- A dessert; a course of sweetmeats; a sweetmeat or sweetmeats.
- A feast; a sumptuous entertainment of eating and drinking; often, a complimentary or ceremonious feast, followed by speeches.
- To partake of a dessert after a feast.
- To regale one's self with good eating and drinking; to feast.
- To treat with a banquet or sumptuous entertainment of food; to feast.
gap, spreadhead, counterpane, bachelorette party, fete, regale, bedcover, feast, cattle ranch, blowout, bed cover, ranch, bedspread, cattle farm, bash, all-nighter, junketeer, block party, spread head, festivity, paste, afterparty, scatter, bed covering, fiesta, facing pages, B and S, baby shower, junket, spreading, bachelor party.
- "Humorous Ghost Stories", Dorothy Scarborough.
- "Timar's Two Worlds", Mór Jókai.
- "Jimgrim and Allah's Peace", Talbot Mundy.