Definition of partake:
- To admit to a share; to cause to participate; to give a part to.
- To distribute; to communicate.
- To have something of the properties, character, or office; - usually followed by of.
- To partake of; to have a part or share in; to share.
- To take a part, portion, lot, or share, in common with others; to have a share or part; to participate; to share; as, to partake of a feast with others.
contact, allude, enter into, carry on, feed, stir, victual, swallow, manage, portion out, indulge, eat, chow, come to, affect, bear on, partake in, involve, have-to doe with, match, take part (in something), equal, pertain, meet, consume, share, tinct, touch, tint, start, tinge, apportion, ingest, sit in on, taste, do, impact, engage in, disturb, engage, divvy up, contribute, refresh, concern, rival, touch on, adjoin, get in on, extend to, devour, refer, fare, reach, bear upon, join in, ingestion, relate, have, deal, try, advert, conduce.
- "The Missourian", Eugene P. (Eugene Percy) Lyle.
- "Bygone Cumberland and Westmorland", Daniel Scott.
- "The New York Stock Exchange in the Crisis of 1914", Henry George Stebbins Noble.