Definition of carrion :
1. A contemptible or worthless person; - a term of reproach.
2. Of or pertaining to dead and putrefying carcasses; feeding on carrion.
3. The dead and putrefying body or flesh of an animal; flesh so corrupted as to be unfit for food.
corpse (part of speech: noun)
- Since then he had been living on human carrion only, roaming about the country like a hungry vulture. - "The Tribes and Castes of the Central Provinces of India Volume II", R. V. Russell.
- One is amazed to see the living carrion that is driven about a place like Paris, in these uncouth vehicles. - "Recollections of Europe", J. Fenimore Cooper.
- " Yuruk"- the golden voice was cold-" gather up these carrion and pile them together." - "The Metal Monster", A. Merritt.