Definition of deuce:
- A condition of the score beginning whenever each side has won three strokes in the same game ( also reckoned " 40 all"), and reverted to as often as a tie is made until one of the sides secures two successive strokes following a tie or deuce, which decides the game.
- The devil; a demon.
- Two; a card or a die with two spots; as, the deuce of hearts.
- "Hyacinth 1906", George A. Birmingham.
- "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith", George Meredith.
- "Little Eve Edgarton", Eleanor Hallowell Abbott.