Definition of measurement :
1. The act or result of measuring; mensuration; as, measurement is required.
2. The extent, size, capacity, amount. or quantity ascertained by measuring; as, its measurement is five acres.
analysis, metre, frequency, touchstone, caliber, mass, reach, cadence, measuring stick, strength, span, measure, beat, pressure, range, yard, amount, grade, hardness, density, mensuration, degree, standard, acceleration, measuring, meter, pitch, scope, thickness, foot, intensity, metrology, distance, inch, viscosity, time, bill, rapidity, weight, speed, bar, measuring rod, judgment, depth, criterion, big, altitude, step
calculation (part of speech: noun)
enumeration, statistics, calculation, evaluation, thought, approximation, value, conclusion, inference, judgement, tally, estimation, account, supposition, presumption, consideration, rank, assessment, arithmetic, method, computation, schedule, appraisal, program, study, plot, division, system, calculus, quantification, score, guess, algorithm, gauge, multiplication, sum, count, plan, reckoning, valuation, deduction, triangulation, determination, algebra, scheme, mathematics, total
size (part of speech: noun)
measurement (part of speech: noun)
- It is about three inches in depth, outside measurement. - "My Studio Neighbors", William Hamilton Gibson.
- With regard to every other measurement, however, there was not the slightest doubt but that in a few years he would equal his distinguished father's outlines, a fact already discernible in his middle distance. - "Colonel Carter's Christmas and The Romance of an Old-Fashioned Gentleman", F. Hopkinson Smith.
- What did it amount to if it were but the unit of measurement for a life- a mere figure of speech- something simply verbal? - "Running Sands", Reginald Wright Kauffman.