Definition of servile:
- An element which forms no part of the original root; - opposed to radical.
- Not belonging to the original root; as, a servile letter.
- Not itself sounded, but serving to lengthen the preceeding vowel, as e in tune.
- Of or pertaining to a servant or slave; befitting a servant or a slave; proceeding from dependence; hence, meanly submissive; slavish; mean; cringing; fawning; as, servile flattery; servile fear; servile obedience.
- compliant (part of speech: adjective)
- servile (part of speech: adjective)
- subordinate (part of speech: adjective)
- obedient (part of speech: adjective)
- "Eugenics and Other Evils", G. K. Chesterton.
- "Selected Essays", Karl Marx.
- "The Satyricon, Complete", Petronius Arbiter.