Definition of shadowy:
obtuse, misty, faint-hearted, suspect, swart, unclear, gauzy, sable, wraithlike, underground, mysterious, surreptitious, light-headed, funny, indistinguishable, secret, undefined, shady, fishy, in strict confidence, opaque, nebulous, indistinct, unsubstantial, timid, fly-by-night, incensed, indignant, classified, light, vague, slow, feeble, dimmed, dim, dull, blurry, undetermined, fuzzy, dumb, blear, confidential, undistinct, subdued, insubstantial, pale, swooning, dense, wispy, wisplike, clear, secretive, clandestine, louche, fainthearted, faint, bleak, unreal, shadowed, indefinite, shaded, weak, lightheaded, suspicious, umbrageous, outraged.
- dark (part of speech: adjective)
- dim (part of speech: adjective)
- ghostly (part of speech: adjective)
- darkness (part of speech: noun)
- "The Magic Skin", Honore de Balzac.
- "The Hunters of the Ozark", Edward S. Ellis.
- "The Girl Scouts in Beechwood Forest", Margaret Vandercook.