Definition of shipshape:
- Arranged in a manner befitting a ship; hence, trim; tidy; orderly.
- Fitly adjusted; being in good order., or made ready for service or use; firm; compact; snug; neat; fair; as, the ship is trim, or trim built; everything about the man is trim; a person is trim when his body is well shaped and firm; his dress is trim when it fits closely to his body, and appears tight and snug; a man or a soldier is trim when he stands erect.
- In a shipshape or seamanlike manner.
- "Martin Pippin in the Apple Orchard", Eleanor Farjeon.
- "Revenge!", by Robert Barr.
These people began to look toward a goal which may have been vaguely defined in their minds: a handsome and shipshape residence, preferably of brick, of two rooms deep and two storeys- and- garret high, with wings or separate dependencies to balance; a neat and orderly mansion, without steep gables, but with one cornice line for the whole building.- "Virginia Architecture in the Seventeenth Century", Henry Chandlee Forman.