Definition of arctic :
1. A warm waterproof overshoe.
2. Pertaining to, or situated under, the northern constellation called the Bear; northern; frigid; as, the arctic pole, circle, region, ocean; an arctic expedition, night, temperature.
3. The arctic circle.
rubber eraser, north-polar, safety, gum elastic, synthetic rubber, boreal, glacial, hyperborean, frore, polar, freezing, prophylactic, icy, natural rubber, frosty, opposite, rubber, frigid, gelid, golosh, gumshoe, northern, dick, Arctic Zone, safe, pivotal, North Frigid Zone, diametric, caoutchouc, condom, cold, diametrical, hot, in the tundra areas, under the Bear, galosh, pencil eraser, wintry, frozen, in the Arctic Circle, hawkshaw
- No lust for gold impelled them to brave the darkness, the cold, and the terrifying silence of the six- months Arctic night. - "American Merchant Ships and Sailors", Willis J. Abbot.
- Is he the Arctic fox in summer clothing? - "The Story of the Trapper", A. C. Laut.
- It was then that the Arctic species- which we have learned had migrated into Northern Europe from the north- found their way to the Alps. - "The History of the European Fauna", R. F. Scharff.