Definition of bohemian:
- A native of Bohemia.
- A restless vagabond; - originally, an idle stroller or gypsy ( as in France) thought to have come from Bohemia; in later times often applied to an adventurer in art or literature, of irregular, unconventional habits, questionable tastes, or free morals.
- Of or pertaining to a social gypsy or Bohemian ( see Bohemian, n., 3); vagabond; unconventional; free and easy.
- Of or pertaining to Bohemia, or to the language of its ancient inhabitants or their descendants. See Bohemian, n., 2.
- The language of the Czechs ( the ancient inhabitants of Bohemia), the richest and most developed of the dialects of the Slavic family.
- sectarian (part of speech: adjective)
- sectarianism (part of speech: noun)
- "Lover or Friend", Rosa Nouchette Carey.
- "Saturday's Child", Kathleen Norris.
- "The Children of the Poor", Jacob A. Riis.