Definition of celebrate:
- To extol or honor in a solemn manner; as, to celebrate the name of the Most High.
- To honor by solemn rites, by ceremonies of joy and respect, or by refraining from ordinary business; to observe duly; to keep; as, to celebrate a birthday.
- To perform or participate in, as a sacrament or solemn rite; to solemnize; to perform with appropriate rites; as, to celebrate a marriage.
note, hold on, mark, hold back, forget, signalize, hold open, preserve, keep open, laughter, stay fresh, live it up, proceed, respect, eulogize, admire, watch over, dedicate, prevent, follow, overlook, consecrate, detect, maintain, keep on, keep, sustain, go on, sanctify, hold, lionize, extol, abide by, lionise, remember, take note, remark, whoop it up, restrain, panegyrize, retain, save, fete, continue, mention, keep an eye on, honour, exalt, keep back, magnify, go along, find, notice, feast, discover, watch.
- "The Lash", Olin L. Lyman.
- "Early Israel and the Surrounding Nations", Archibald Sayce.
- "Select Speeches of Daniel Webster", Daniel Webster.