Definition of fifteenth :
1. A species of tax upon personal property formerly laid on towns, boroughs, etc., in England, being one fifteenth part of what the personal property in each town, etc., had been valued at.
2. A stop in an organ tuned two octaves above the diaposon.
3. An interval consisting of two octaves.
4. Consisting of one of fifteen equal parts or divisions of a thing.
5. Next in order after the fourteenth; - the ordinal of fifteen.
6. One of fifteen equal parts or divisions; the quotient of a unit divided by fifteen.
- Done at Washington the fifteenth day of June, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and forty- six. - "Studies in Civics", James T. McCleary.
- Europe had but a small population altogether in the fifteenth century. - "Education: How Old The New", James J. Walsh.
- It was that night, the fifteenth day after the crime, that the solution came. - "Sight Unseen", Mary Roberts Rinehart.