Definition of tenth:
- A temporary aid issuing out of personal property, and granted to the king by Parliament; formerly, the real tenth part of all the movables belonging to the subject.
- Constituting or being one of ten equal parts into which anything is divided.
- Next in order after the ninth; coming after nine others.
- The interval between any tone and the tone represented on the tenth degree of the staff above it, as between one of the scale and three of the octave above; the octave of the third.
- The next in order after the ninth; one coming after nine others.
- The quotient of a unit divided by ten; one of ten equal parts into which anything is divided.
- The tenth part of annual produce, income, increase, or the like; a tithe.
- The tenth part of the annual profit of every living in the kingdom, formerly paid to the pope, but afterward transferred to the crown. It now forms a part of the fund called Queen Anne's Bounty.