Definition of ignore:
- Hence: To refuse to take notice of; to shut the eyes to; not to recognize; to disregard willfully and causelessly; as, to ignore certain facts; to ignore the presence of an objectionable person.
- To be ignorant of or not acquainted with.
- To throw out or reject as false or ungrounded; - said of a bill rejected by a grand jury for want of evidence. See Ignoramus.
omit, reduce, slue, dissolve, write out, turn off, give the axe, issue, foreshorten, prune, displace, trim down, cut back, dismiss, contract, terminate, care for, rationalize, pretermit, drop, make out, sack, see, overleap, study at neglect, thin out, disregard, hack, push aside, bring down, send away, tailor, connive at, give notice, throw out, sheer, trim, IgG, concern, skip, cut, cut off, trim back, geld, send packing, rebuff, burn, brush aside, curve, blink, trend, veer, thin, slight, force out, edit, edit out, can, swerve, repel, rationalise, neglect, switch off, dilute, discount, shorten, scorn, abbreviate, pass over, pass over, wink at, abridge, cut down, leave out, fire, usher out, give the sack, turn out, brush off, snub, slew, miss, push away.
- exclude (part of speech: verb)
- neglect (part of speech: verb)
- ignore (part of speech: verb)
- "Out Like a Light", Gordon Randall Garrett.
- "Writing for Vaudeville", Brett Page.
- "Jimgrim and Allah's Peace", Talbot Mundy.