Definition of ignore :
1. Hence: To refuse to take notice of; to shut the eyes to; not to recognize; to disregard willfully and causelessly; as, to ignore certain facts; to ignore the presence of an objectionable person.
2. To be ignorant of or not acquainted with.
3. To throw out or reject as false or ungrounded; - said of a bill rejected by a grand jury for want of evidence. See Ignoramus.
displace, overleap, rebuff, care for, curve, thin out, geld, fire, concern, cut off, abbreviate, edit, pass over, trim, miss, study at neglect, scorn, bring down, give the axe, switch off, rationalise, trim down, drop, push aside, rationalize, throw out, force out, pretermit, repel, dilute, send away, slue, reduce, slew, turn off, trim back, tailor, burn, thin, abridge, leave out, wink at, push away, write out, slight, make out, swerve, hack, shorten, veer, blink, cut, contract, turn out, edit out, cut down, omit, discount, give notice, dismiss, snub, skip, issue, IgG, trend, sack, brush off, send packing, connive at, dissolve, prune, see, can, give the sack, foreshorten, usher out, cut back, brush aside, sheer, terminate
exclude (part of speech: verb)
disqualify, oust, deport, banish, exile, amputate, eject, forbid, prohibit, eliminate, extradite, reject, excise, eradicate, expatriate, blacklist, evict, exclude, repudiate, proscribe, ban, disbar, bar, excommunicate, ostracize, remove, deny, blackball, renounce, relegate, disallow, expel, boycott
neglect (part of speech: verb)
ignore (part of speech: verb)
- He wanted to ignore her, just to teach her a lesson. - "Out Like a Light", Gordon Randall Garrett.
- Of course, I do not mean that you must ignore such conditions when your playlet calls for the use of such characters. - "Writing for Vaudeville", Brett Page.
- Yet you ignore it! - "Jimgrim and Allah's Peace", Talbot Mundy.