Definition of ministry:
- Administration; rule; term in power; as, the ministry of Pitt.
- Agency; instrumentality.
- The act of ministering; ministration; service.
- The body of ministers of state; also, the clergy, as a body.
- The office, duties, or functions of a minister, servant, or agent; ecclesiastical, executive, or ambassadorial function or profession.
archbishopric, organ, the Archbishop of Canterbury, vehicle, canon, corporation, priesthood, instrument, means, blessing, anoint, abbess, cloth, customs, directorate, consecrate, agency, administration, branch, exhortation, archbishop, cardinal, spirituality, bishop, abbot, medium, council, the civil service, bureau, circumcision, Corp., department, preaching, confession, ceremony, celebrant, first estate, prelacy, circumcise, bless, church, machinery, archdeacon, prayer, instrumentality, contemplation, bishopric, spiritualty.
- "Roman Society from Nero to Marcus Aurelius", Samuel Dill.
- "The Works of the Right Honourable Edmund Burke, Vol. VI. (of 12)", Edmund Burke.
- "The Development of the European Nations, 1870-1914 (5th ed.)", John Holland Rose.