Definition of administration (of an estate):
- The act of administering, or tendering something to another; dispensation; as, the administration of a medicine, of an oath, of justice, or of the sacrament.
- The act of administering; government of public affairs; the service rendered, or duties assumed, in conducting affairs; the conducting of any office or employment; direction; management.
- The executive part of government; the persons collectively who are intrusted with the execution of laws and the superintendence of public affairs; the chief magistrate and his cabinet or council; or the council, or ministry, alone, as in Great Britain.
- The management and disposal, under legal authority, of the estate of an intestate, or of a testator having no competent executor.
- The management of an estate of a deceased person by an executor, the strictly corresponding term execution not being in use.
tribunal, formation, politics, governance, judiciary, governing, enforcement, conduct, judicatory, plaque, rule, brass instrument, order, headquarters, disposal, boldness, electric pig, bureau, execution, organisation, system, nerve, authorities, husbandry, memorial tablet, chairman, incumbency, ministry, treatment, legislature, ordering, garbage disposal, judicature, arrangement, jurisdiction, embassy, regime, governing body, brass, committee, legation, ecesis, disposition, organization, giving medication, brass section, power, give, face, dispensation, court, establishment, chair, tenure, application, reign, department, agency, term, presidentship, political science, housekeeping, general, surveillance, over, presidency, cabinet, constitution, superintendence, presidential term, legislation, judgeship, strategy, supervision, government activity, executive, stay, judicial system, Washington, validation, president, charge, institution, commander, performance, handling, consulate, cheek, board.