Definition of ratio:
- Hence, fixed relation of number, quantity, or degree; rate; proportion; as, the ratio of representation in Congress.
- The relation which one quantity or magnitude has to another of the same kind. It is expressed by the quotient of the division of the first by the second; thus, the ratio of 3 to 6 is expressed by / or /; of a to b by a/ b; or ( less commonly) the second term is made the dividend; as, a: b = b/ a.
- "State of the Union Addresses of Thomas Jefferson", Thomas Jefferson.
- "Seasoning of Wood", Joseph B. Wagner.
- "Prologue to an Analogue", Leigh Richmond.