Definition of rinse :
1. The act of rinsing.
2. To cleancse by the introduction of water; - applied especially to hollow vessels; as, to rinse a bottle.
3. To wash lightly; to cleanse with a second or repeated application of water after washing.
wash out, barrette, cleanse, polish, treatment, purification, launder, hose down, scour, rub, scrub, gargle, brush, comb, irrigate, wash away, wash off, lave, blow dryer, dust, rinsing, dampen, lap, clean, purify, wipe, disinfect, color, conditioner, swab, wash, detoxification, sweep, mop, curler, rinse off, moisten, dye, flush out, bobby pin, curling iron, swill, sponge
clean (part of speech: adjective)
dip in water, flush
flood (part of speech: verb)
- Drain, rinse, wipe very dry, and serve with French dressing or with thick sour cream seasoned highly with black pepper. - "The Myrtle Reed Cook Book", Myrtle Reed.
- Let's rinse our mouths with a drop of burnt sherry; the last- comer shall stand it, Mivins shall fetch it, and I'll help to drink it. - "The World's Greatest Books, Vol III", Arthur Mee and J.A. Hammerton, Eds..
- On the way home, if I had been in a humor for talking, the talk must have been all on my side, for Mr. Wopsle parted from us at the door of the Jolly Bargemen, and Joe went all the way home with his mouth wide open, to rinse the rum out with as much air as possible. - "Great Expectations", Charles Dickens.