Definition of application:
- A request; a document containing a request; as, his application was placed on file.
- Hence, in specific uses: ( a) That part of a sermon or discourse in which the principles before laid down and illustrated are applied to practical uses; the " moral" of a fable. ( b) The use of the principles of one science for the purpose of enlarging or perfecting another; as, the application of algebra to geometry.
- The act of applying as a means; the employment of means to accomplish an end; specific use.
- The act of applying or laying on, in a literal sense; as, the application of emollients to a diseased limb.
- The act of directing or referring something to a particular case, to discover or illustrate agreement or disagreement, fitness, or correspondence; as, I make the remark, and leave you to make the application; the application of a theory.
- The act of fixing the mind or closely applying one's self; assiduous effort; close attention; as, to injure the health by application to study.
- The act of making request of soliciting; as, an application for an office; he made application to a court of chancery.
- The capacity of being practically applied or used; relevancy; as, a rule of general application.
- The thing applied.
lotion, autoresponder, pursuit, seek, alpha version, administration, action, application form, unguent, practise, exploitation, credentials, order, act, materiality, pertinence, smother, crown, authoring software, affirmative action, applicability, activity, care, questionnaire, medicine, effort, concernment, requisition, devotion, covering, alcohol, appraisal, stimulant, ointment, dispensation, beta version, relevance, appositeness, blanket, purpose, play, relevant, assiduousness, summons, bill, consumption, bandage, industrious, adoption, accounting package, screening, application software, undertaking, applications programme, finish, sedulousness, give, words, dedication, cosmetic, cover, compress, applicant, paper, certificate, balm, bearing, performance, salve, biodata, plaster, heavy lifting, industriousness, used, duty, letter, implementation, diligence, automatic recovery program, strain, drill, occupation, form, backup utility, industry, demand, bidder, insulate, finishing, masking, coating, challenge, pomade, apply, attention, germaneness, relevancy, address book, bury, blank, application program, top, practical application, recover, wrap, appraise, dressing, coat, wash, natural covering, work, assiduity, wear, pertinency, treatment.
- appeal (part of speech: noun)
- attribution (part of speech: noun)
- relevance (part of speech: noun)
- application (part of speech: noun)
- "The Rough Road", William John Locke.
- "Plato's Republic", Plato.
- "Pelham, Complete", Edward Bulwer-Lytton Last Updated: March 16, 2009.