Definition of slue :
1. A slough; a run or wet place. See 2d Slough, 2.
2. In general, to turn about; to twist; - often used reflexively and followed by round.
3. See Sloough, 2.
4. To turn about a fixed point, usually the center or axis, as a spar or piece of timber; to turn; - used also of any heavy body.
5. To turn about; to turn from the course; to slip or slide and turn from an expected or desired course; - often followed by round.
hack, sneak, shorten, luxate, make out, slip, twist, rationalise, dislocate, write out, tailor, reduce, rationalize, cut back, err, veer, bring down, geld, burn, kink, skip, slither, skew, slew, dilute, curve, issue, trend, edit out, arc, trim, trim down, trim back, steal, edit, chop, disregard, wind, thin out, turn out, snub, turn off, abridge, yaw, skid, foreshorten, slip one's mind, slide, ignore, switch off, prune, crook, change, sheer, splay, cut off, abbreviate, curl, mistake, thin, contract, swerve, cut down, drop off, drop away, arch, cut, fall away
- A mile wide here, twenty mile away between Funeral Slue and Cabin Hill she's a good thirty mile wide- one cracking big triangle of the best grass in the territory. - "The Heart of the Range", William Patterson White.
- " Free range or not, it as good as belongs to the Bar S." " Old Salt used to run quite a bunch round Cabin Hill and another north near the Slue." - "The Heart of the Range", William Patterson White.
- But he says he would put it in the paper that he was talking to a man that use to be a star pitcher on the White Sox and he says everybody would know who it was he was talking about because they wasn't such a slue of star pitchers in the army that it would take a civil service detective to find out who he meant. - "The Real Dope", Ring Lardner.