Definition of slippery:
- Having the quality opposite to adhesiveness; allowing or causing anything to slip or move smoothly, rapidly, and easily upon the surface; smooth; glib; as, oily substances render things slippery.
- Liable to slip; not standing firm.
- Not affording firm ground for confidence; as, a slippery promise.
- Not easily held; liable or apt to slip away.
- Uncertain in effect.
- Unstable; changeable; mutable; uncertain; inconstant; fickle.
- Wanton; unchaste; loose in morals.
shady, wet, slicked, dodgy, dubious, unscrupulous, catchy, unreliable, lustrous, fraudulent, slippy, untruthful, knavish, uncertain, glistening, slick, seek, slimy, waxy, slithering, slipping, slimed, icy, evasive, slippery as an eel, blunt, smoothly, corrupt, unprincipled, deceitful, insecure, furtive, tricksy, lubricious, nonstick, untrusty, sliding, untrustworthy, sneaking, guileful, glabrous, stealthy, fugitive, tricky, slithery, dishonest, unsafe, shifty, skiddy, elusive.
- cunning (part of speech: adjective)
- oily (part of speech: adjective)
- smooth (part of speech: adjective)
- lubricated (part of speech: adjective)
- "Two Indian Children of Long Ago", Frances Taylor.
- "The Thin Red Line; and Blue Blood", Arthur Griffiths.
- "Frank of Freedom Hill", Samuel A. Derieux.