Definition of substantially:
- Really; essentially.
considerable, heavy-duty, good, extensive, stubborn, comfortably, well, overall, huge, large, strong, enormous, advantageously, solid, leading, predominantly, primary, generally, easily, widely, mostly, principal, by and large, main, irresistible, elementary, big, solid as a rock, intimately, predominant, durable, high, basically, great, basic, robust, primarily, chief, prime, considerably, principally, tough, mainly, altogether, supreme, substantial, sturdy.
- heavily (part of speech: adverb)
- solidly (part of speech: adverb)
- substantially (part of speech: adverb)
- materially (part of speech: adverb)
- "Fibble, D. D.", Irvin Shrewsbury Cobb.
The receiving stations along the line of the railway were similarly equipped as to apparatus, and, generally speaking the operations of sending and receiving messages were substantially the same as above described.- "Edison, His Life and Inventions", Frank Lewis Dyer and Thomas Commerford Martin.
- "The Upton Letters", Arthur Christopher Benson.