Definition of wearing :
1. Pertaining to, or designed for, wear; as, wearing apparel.
2. That which is worn; clothes; garments.
3. The act of one who wears; the manner in which a thing wears; use; conduct; consumption.
wearable, long, upsetting, corrosion, endless, wearing away, effortful, draining, corroding, nerve-racking, wear, habiliment, tired, article of clothing, vesture, eroding, eating away, erosion, jolting, discomforting
clothing (part of speech: verb)
chafing (part of speech: verb)
difficult (part of speech: adjective)
harsh, arduous, onerous, demanding, difficult, troublesome, ticklish, strenuous, trying, adverse, wearying, burdensome, cumbersome, tricky, complex, uphill, complicated, oppressive, toilsome, bothersome, rough, cantankerous, thorny, finicky, wearisome, hard, knotty, formidable, tough, fussy, stressful, contrary, rugged, tight, severe, laborious
fatiguing (part of speech: verb)
friction (part of speech: noun)
- I'm wearing one now." - "At Sunwich Port, Complete", W.W. Jacobs.
- He knew his feelings towards Corney were wearing out the heart of his wife- but not yet would he yield! - "Weighed and Wanting", George MacDonald.
- By some strange chance, AdeeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ s eyes fell upon the shoes the little girl was wearing. - "That Little Girl of Miss Eliza’s", Jean K. Baird.