Definition of badly:
amiss, hard, carefully, ill, mischievously, greatly, inefficiently, haphazardly, very, earnestly, sorry, soberly, gravely, weakly, sternly, distressed, bad, carelessly, stupidly, in earnest, clumsily, staidly, ineffectively, naughtily, sad, severely, awfully, poorly, unsatisfactorily, seriously, incompetently, disadvantageously, competently, negligently, crudely, awkwardly.
- badly (part of speech: adverb)
- wrongly (part of speech: adverb)
- evilly (part of speech: adverb)
- "The Way of Ambition", Robert Hichens.
- "Tom Swift and his Electric Runabout or, The Speediest Car on the Road", Victor Appleton.
- "Cousin Phillis", Elizabeth Cleghorn Gaskell.