Definition of regret:
- Dislike; aversion.
- Pain of mind on account of something done or experienced in the past, with a wish that it had been different; a looking back with dissatisfaction or with longing; grief; sorrow; especially, a mourning on account of the loss of some joy, advantage, or satisfaction.
- To experience regret on account of; to lose or miss with a sense of regret; to feel sorrow or dissatisfaction on account of ( the happening or the loss of something); as, to regret an error; to regret lost opportunities or friends.
lament, trouble, pain, anxiety, discontent, concern, uneasiness, wo, sorrow, repent, annoyance, disappointment, mea culpa, discontentment, nostalgia, bewail, care, tribulation, dissatisfaction, dissatisfaction, rue, misgiving, mourning, satisfaction, compunction, bitterness, bemoan, herb of grace, melancholy, comfort, sorrowfulness, affliction, happy, sadness, letdown, worry, scruple, discomfort, ruefulness, disappointment, excuse, deplore, disgruntlement, distress, conscience.
- apologize (part of speech: verb)
- regret (part of speech: verb)
- penitence (part of speech: noun)
- "Mary Powell & Deborah's Diary", Anne Manning.
- "54-40 or Fight", Emerson Hough.
- "The Garden Of Allah", Robert Hichens.