Definition of evacuation:
- Abolition; nullification.
- That which is evacuated or discharged; especially, a discharge by stool or other natural means.
- The act of emptying, clearing of the contents, or discharging.
- Voidance of any matter by the natural passages of the body or by an artificial opening; defecation; also, a diminution of the fluids of an animal body by cathartics, venesection, or other means.
- Withdrawal of troops from a town, fortress, etc.
removal, retreat, riddance, starve out, elimination, constipation, evict, expel, dry, hound, abandonment, emptying, defecate, departure, exodus, voidance, keep, excretory product, crap, excreta, banish, deport, purgation, removal, bursting, drive out, send away, bedwetting, bowel movement, reasoning by elimination, body waste, evacuate, excretion, displace, excreting, excrement, constipated, voiding, egestion, catharsis, clearing, exile, draining, liquidation.
- excretion (part of speech: noun)
- expulsion (part of speech: noun)
- "Leaves from a Field Note-Book", J. H. Morgan.
After bringing to an end the German advance of March 21 to July 18 with the second battle of the Marne, he compelled a hurried retirement to the Hindenburg line with the evacuation of practically all the territory conquered by the Huns.- "Kelly Miller's History of the World War for Human Rights", Kelly Miller.
- "History of the French Revolution from 1789 to 1814", F. A. M. Miguet.