Definition of horseman:
- A land crab of the genus Ocypoda, living on the coast of Brazil and the West Indies, noted for running very swiftly.
- A mounted soldier; a cavalryman.
- A rider on horseback; one skilled in the management of horses; a mounted man.
- A West Indian fish of the genus Eques, as the light- horseman ( E. lanceolatus).
dragoon, pricker, horseback rider, gypsy, gaucho, monkey, cowboy, broncobuster, live weight, equestrian, jockey, horse driver, horse trainer, horse fancier, saddle sitter, rider, keeper of horses, roughrider, horse guard, cavalryman, buckaroo, postilion, equerry.
There were but few in that section of the country who would have dared to make the venture, although it was by no means a dangerous or difficult journey for a horseman; and Dick's bravery, in connection with all the circumstances, pleased the citizens of Antelope Spring wonderfully well.- "Dick in the Desert", James Otis.
- "The-Circus-Boys-Across-the-Continent-or-Winning-New-Laurels-on-the-Tanbark", Darlington, Edgar B. P..
In the lonely stillness of its twilight a horseman was approaching across the barren plain, bearing a huge Chinese lantern in his hand, and singing aloud, as is a ChinamanÃÂ¢Ã¢âÂ¬Ã¢âÂ¢ s custom, to drive off the evil spirits of the night.- "Across Asia on a Bicycle", Thomas Gaskell Allen and William Lewis Sachtleben.