Definition of insulated :
1. of Insulate
2. Separated from other bodies by means of nonconductors of heat or electricity.
3. Situated at so great a distance as to be beyond the effect of gravitation; - said of stars supposed to be so far apart that the affect of their mutual attraction is insensible.
4. Standing by itself; not being contiguous to other bodies; separated; unconnected; isolated; as, an insulated house or column.
lined (part of speech: verb)
dissociated (part of speech: verb)
disjoined, partitioned, divorced, alienated, disconnected, fragmented, cleft, disunited, disengaged, excised, ruptured, dissociated, separated, rent, broken, halved, dismantled, parted, broke, sundered, split, segregated, uncoupled, divided, detached, cleaved, disassociated, severed
separated (part of speech: verb)
secluded (part of speech: verb)
disbarred, extradited, excommunicated, banished, cordoned, expatriated, cloistered, evicted, deported, exiled, ostracized, eliminated, rejected, isolated, blacklisted, expelled, ejected, extirpated, blackballed, secluded, screened, ousted, sequestered, excluded, closeted, boycotted, confined, removed
- These consist of two carbon plates, two brass binding posts, and insulated wires to connect the carbons with the binding posts, and these with the battery. - "The Electric Bath", George M. Schweig.
- Interrupted or insulated efforts, however vigorous, will be found to be but of little avail. - "Leading Articles on Various Subjects", Hugh Miller.
- From the Causeway we went to Dunluce Castle- a grand old ruin, which stands on an insulated rock, a hundred feet above the sea. - "Stories and Legends of Travel and History, for Children", Grace Greenwood.