Definition of standing:
dilute, hard, back, nonmoving, center, uncut, aerated, indefinite, backfield, club, erect, continual, on tiptoe(s), continuous, on your feet, knee-deep, slack, unbroken, perpendicular, stand-up, raised, forever, regular, endless, flowing, chlorinated, unfelled, boy, all-American, ranking, unfailing, blue, upright, respect, level, stratum, lasting, vertical, tier, continuing, echelon, permanent, saline, ballplayer, brackish, spreadeagled, caste, conference, (with) arms akimbo, unceasing, boiling, upstanding, center forward, soft, face, plumb, rolling, prestige.
- motionless (part of speech: adjective)
- resting (part of speech: verb)
- rank (part of speech: noun)
- reputation (part of speech: noun)
- situating (part of speech: verb)
- character (part of speech: noun)
- contending (part of speech: verb)
- situation (part of speech: noun)
- "The Way of Ambition", Robert Hichens.
- "A Maker of History", E. Phillips Oppenheim.
- "The Red Rat's Daughter", Guy Boothby.