Definition of knocker:
- A person strikingly handsome, beautiful, or fine; one who wins admiration; a stunner.
- A species of large cockroach, esp. Blabera gigantea, of semitropical America, which as able to produce a loud knocking sound.
- One who, or that which, knocks; specifically, an instrument, or kind of hammer, fastened to a door, to be used in seeking for admittance.
mammilla, white meat, disparager, breast, tit, mamilla, dummy, teat, detractor, booby, doorknocker, pap, titmouse, nipple, dope, boob, embrace, depreciator, rapper, heart, pinhead, titty, dumbbell, chest, bosom.
- "Roderick Hudson", Henry James.
Her first rap was very timid- one feeble fall of the knocker; and then she stood still again for many minutes; but presently she rallied her courage and knocked several times together, not loudly, but rapidly, so that Mrs. Pettifer, if she only heard the sound, could not mistake it.- "Scenes of Clerical Life", George Eliot.
- "Eugenie Grandet", Honore de Balzac.