Definition of perennial:
- A perennial plant; a plant which lives or continues more than two years, whether it retains its leaves in winter or not.
- Continuing more than two years; as, a perennial steam, or root, or plant.
- Continuing without cessation or intermission; perpetual; unceasing; never failing.
- ing or continuing through the year; as, perennial fountains.
algal, ongoing, long-lasting, never-failing, continue, old, timeless, aquatic, long, ever, abiding, always, aromatic, barren, hourly, perdurable, bedding plant, clone, arboreal, fadeless, long-lived, climber, deathless, recurrent, continual, bush, alpine, imperishable, long-standing, never-ending, cereal, permanent, ageless, cactus, constantly, annual, bare, at all times, biennial, round-the-clock, bushy, creeping, brassica, dateless, repeated, unfailing, unfading, invariably, without end, necessarily, immortal, ever-living, androgynous, all the while, eonian, bean.
continuous (part of speech: adjective)
- enduring (part of speech: verb)
- durable (part of speech: adjective)
- "Writing for Vaudeville", Brett Page.
- "Campaigning in Cuba", George Kennan.
A stout gentleman, with a muddy and melancholy countenance, and a sad suavity of manner, and in the perennial mourning that belongs to gentlemen of his doleful profession, presents himself to David Arden, to receive his instructions respecting the deceased baronet's obsequies.- "Checkmate", Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu.