Definition of sliver:
- A long piece cut ot rent off; a sharp, slender fragment; a splinter.
- A strand, or slender roll, of cotton or other fiber in a loose, untwisted state, produced by a carding machine and ready for the roving or slubbing which preceeds spinning.
- Bait made of pieces of small fish. Cf. Kibblings.
- To cut or divide into long, thin pieces, or into very small pieces; to cut or rend lengthwise; to slit; as, to sliver wood.
- "The Film Mystery", Arthur B. Reeve.
- "The Spinners", Eden Phillpotts.
- "The Lost Wagon", James Arthur Kjelgaard.